’Tis the season to be SICK, isn’t it? Everywhere you look, someone is coughing, sneezing, or blowing their nose.
It’s inconvenient, annoying, stressful and costly!
Sick days from work (which could be BETTER used for a vacation!), over the counter medication, doctor’s visits, prescription, etc.!
And sometimes the symptoms and suffering go on for many DAYS, and even WEEKS, don’t they? But is it really NECESSARY? I believe NOT!
Recently, I “caught” something, and got to prove my methods for not having been sick in YEARS! For those who think I might not have had the actual symptoms, I did; everything from body-aches, to vomiting, to congestion, sneezing, and constant blowing of my nose, watery eyes, etc.! Even had to take a day off from my 45-hr workweek. And that’s my “real” job, not writing, designing, teaching, or doing voice acting, etc.!
I believe that getting over the Flu or Cold in 1 or 2 DAYS is not only possible, but VITAL in your maintenance of good health. To THAT end I offer my 10 PROVEN* Secrets to Kicking a Cold’s ASS in 2 Days, or LESS! I’m going to offer this as one of my free PDFs for those who want more info on/ buy my books, but thought I’d share it with family and friends, first. <3
First, let’s go with what I think are the obvious:
1. Up the magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E intake! Also, Acidophilis for your digestive health (which is EVERYTHING!). If you’re not already TAKING these, you might want to consider doing so as a matter of regular maintenance. This regular supplemental intake of mine might have made me a bit more invulnerable to a long bout.
2. Lots of veggies, and soluble fibers like oatmeal. BRAT: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast for stomach troubles, nausea, and diarrhea. Also, HYDRATE! With WATER, not soda and DEF. not MILK. (dairy? NO!)
3. JUICE your fruits and veggies whenever possible. Phytonutrients are your body’s best defense against ANY illness, and vital to good health! My friend’s doctor only recently recommended she do what I’ve been telling her for YEARS…JUICE! JUICE! JUICE! lol NOW, it’s her RX. 😉
NOW, a little deeper into the healing regimen:
4. Detox BATH: Amazing what one of these will DO for a body.
2 handfuls of PURE BORAX (yes, Borax)
2 handfuls of Epsom Salts (magnesium!)
3 quarts of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 handful of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
add Rosemary or Lavender Oils to taste
* in the hottest water you can stand.
If you don’t HAVE a TUB (and I haven’t had one in 5 years), run hot water on your face in the shower, over your forehead, nose, and eyes. THIS opens up a lot of blocked zones!
5. Lymphatic Drainage Massage: THIS is amazing, and starts with the forehead, temples, jaw line, neck, and goes down to just below the shoulder clavicles. Easy to do, self-administered, and VERY effective!
ANY and ALL massage is good, but this one is exceptional in that it opens up your body’s natural healing abilities.
2nd one to open up leg zones into trunk (vid)
6. Most of you won’t LIKE, or DO this one: It’s a nasal cleansing with a Neti Pot. It works WONDERS, though, as many colds and viruses nest in the nasal cavities. I use 1 tsp. Himalayan Pink Sea Salts in warm water. AND I do it every NIGHT, followed by:
7. Breathe-Right Nasal Strips, which REALLY open up the nasal passages and allow breathing to increase which allows you to SLEEP. TRY them! I use ‘em every night.
8. Peppermint Oil! The last thing I do before retiring (or when I need a quick pick-me-up) is pour a few drops of Peppermint Oil into my hands, rub them together, and breathe deeply the amazing aroma. CAUTION: Do NOT touch any mucus membranes (your eyes) or any skin, especially anything with THIN skin on it; e.g., testicle sacs! OUCH! It WILL burn for about 5 MINUTES, then finally go away. WATER will NOT wash it off, either! Don’t learn the HARD way (as I did!) 😉
You can also breathe this oil into the LUNGS though the mouth, which clears them right out. I do both, every night.
8.a. CBD Oil when available, sub-lingually. I put a drop under my tongue after I felt better, but as a possible insurance for the next working day.
Last two go deeper, but are worth noting:
9. Psychology of STAYING sick. Our minds tend to find good reasons for GETTING sick (we need rest, we need time off, etc.), but have you ever considered the reasons for STAYING sick?
The BEST one is someone is CARING for you. That’s right…I remember stretching my sick days a bit longer when I had someone bringing me food, loving me, and just showing me that they cared. It’s a TRAP! A loving, well-meaning one, but it can keep you from taking control and healing yourself as we are MADE to do.
When you live ALONE you need to get off your ass and have to make your own meals, etc., and it’s rough, but you also tend to heal quicker by necessity.
10. Self-Talk! Holy crap, THIS one can mean the difference of 1-2 days of being sick, and WEEKS of misery buoyed by the noise of fears of “how much worse can it get?” “I just KNOW this will take me out of the game for weeks, like it did my friend.”, and “I don’t feel any BETTER, all this self-healing stuff isn’t WORKING!” Yow.
a. STRESS is indeed, the culprit behind SO much of our illness, and MUCH of it is self-inflicted! Even (and especially) when we don’t know it’s happening. Become AWARE of your thoughts to take CONTROL of them, and recognize your amazing ability to heal yourself, and OTHERS.
TRY Positive Self-Talk, realize that your body is listening, and LOVE yourself enough to DESERVE to heal. 😉 <3
http://amzn.to/2d8Jetv Chap. 17 😉
b. DETOX from “toxic”/ negative people, energy movies, music, or anything else that taxes the body!
c. MEDITATION is really not much more than listening to your inner thoughts, allowing them their SAY, thanking them for their work, and letting them GO. 😉
d. YOGA is simply allowing your body to constantly align and nurture itself through acknowledgement of the vessel; physical maintenance.
(Be gentle when recuperating! I only did basic asanas [poses], and NO strenuous ab work)
Those are my basics: Try one, or ALL of these, add your OWN (I’d love to know more!), and LOVE yourself unconditionally for just being human. Let me know how they worked for you, and thanks for being part of my journey. 😉 <3